Thursday, December 11, 2008

First Snow

On Tuesday the 9th, Winfield got 1.5 inches of snow. There were drifts everywhere and I went to school and decided to drive in it. The snow wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't rained prior to the snow fall, ending in the rain turning into ice. But Tuesday wasn't so bad driving to school. The real problem was on Wednesday. I was going to class, driving cautiously might I add, when my car hit a slick spot. After the slick spot there was nothing I could do to keep my car from sliding into the nearest ditch. That's right I ended up in the ditch. I however kept my car from hitting any of the road signs that were very close to where I ended up. A kind man came and help push my car out and everything was good....that is until I went to drive home. The roads were fine late in the afternoon so I figured I could go the speed limit which is 70 mph. Ha Ha. I guess when my car went into the ditch something miss-aligned my front wheels. I can only go 60 mph before my steering wheel starts shaking violently. Yikes! I'm just hoping that there is packed snow in there that is causing the off balance. I'm sure everything will be fine and dandy.


Here is a picture of Main street from the Winfield Courier

No comments: