Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Life's Little Suprises
Well today started off like any other day, little did I know what was in store for me. My 11:00 Biology class got canceled, so I went and saw Brady at 11 then I was off to work at 1. Work was slow, since it was 37* outside, and there was paperwork to be done. The occasional customer would wonder in to do their Christmas shopping for the golfer in their family. Well one customer was different than all the rest. This lady was in yesterday and bought a shirt for a family member. She talked to me yesterday about my future plans at K-State and she also mentioned that she remembers having me in class as a substitute teacher. Well back to today. This lady came into the shop today carrying a card. She asked what my last name was, then realizing who my mother is, and then for my first name. She asked me kindly to read the card in front of her. The card was a story about her nephew and what she does for his birthday every year. Well she gives a gift to someone and makes sure that the gift will help that person in their future. This lady decided to give me this gift. She choose to give me $400 to put toward my dorm room down payment at K-State. I couldn't believe it when I opened the card. That is such a generous gift and she choose me. It is wonderful to know that there is truly nice people in our world with all the events that are going on. The only request was that I would keep her name confidential so I will do that but I must tell people about her generosity towards others, especially since she does this every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment