Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Marching Band

Yesterday marked the start of the wonderfull life of a Big 12 Marching Band Student. I started camp yesterday for the Pride of Wildcat Land the Kansas State Marching Band. It has been a good experience so far but I'm so tired and sore. Standing at attention for extended periods of time can really put some strain on the back and don't mention holding the clarinet in the correct playing and carrying position can really start to wear on a person. I'm just glad that I don't play a large instrument like the Tuba or some kind of drum. We did however get new uniforms this year, so this means that no stinky person has ever worn mine before. All of the uniforms were either donated by someone in the community or they were in memory of a fallen soldier in the current War on Terror. All the hard work the band is going through this week will be well worth it when we take our first steps onto Bill Snyder Family Statdium, however, I will most likely be shell shocked and not play that first pre-game. I'm super excited for the year to get started.
Here are some pictures of the jacket of my uniform, there are no pants with the uniform because mine are currently being taken up but the pants are black and no pictures of the hat yet, Sorry.


We also have a ball cap, a secondary uniform, gloves, and black shoes with white overlays. We are definatly going to look smooth when we take that field.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see you on game day!! love the new uniforms :)